Keep Your Home Feeling Cozy
- Make sure your thermostat is set to a comfortable temperature
- Add a burst of colour to a dull room by adding fall colours. This can be achieved by simply adding red, gold or orange pillows to an old sofa, placing a fall inspired throw over a chair, or creating a centerpiece for a table/entryway. Just keep in mind when it comes to décor less is often more.
- Give your home a comforting, inviting aroma with freshly baked pie, roasted cinnamon sticks, or warming apple cider on your stovetop
Create Curb Appeal
- Make sure to regularly rake leaves and clean up any debris around your yard.
- Add autumn flowers to your garden area or front porch/deck such as chrysanthemums. These look great paired with pumpkins or any fall foliage.
- Give your front door a burst of colour with fresh paint using reds, oranges or yellow/gold tones
Turn on the Lights
- Pull up blinds and push back drapes on all windows
- Before a showing turn on all lights, including those in closets
- Brighten dark rooms by adding lamps
- Don’t forget to turn on any exterior lights for evening viewings
Use a Dehumidifier
- As colder weather draws near we open our windows less, or not at all. Use a dehumidifier to help remove any damp air lingering in your home.
Make Sure Your Price Is On Point
- If your home is already on the market, discuss a possible new price with your real estate agent. They can provide you with up to date information for your area. Seasons like autumn and winter may have to be taken into account when pricing your home.